NEPAD / APRM National Governing Council (NGC)
Functions of the Reorganized NEPAD / APRM Kenya Secretariat
- Promote Kenya's effective participation in the activities of the New Partnership for African Development (NEPAD) and the domestication of the African Union (AU) Mission, Core Principles and Values.
- Provide leadership, guidance and direction to the implementation of the Africa Peer Review Mechanism (APRM) in Kenya.
- Sustain the integrity of the APRM process, keeping it transparent, inclusive and accountable to the citizens of Kenya.
- Transmit the APRM review/progress reports to the APR Panel of Eminent Persons, the Head of State, and any other relevant national and African Union organs as specified by the APRM rules.
- Monitor and report on the progress in the implementation of the APRM National Programme of Action.
- Provide policy guidance in cascading the APRM as a governance tool to the Counties.
- Serve as the Regional NEPAD/APRM co-ordinator for the Eastern African countries as selected.
- co-ordination of NEPAD activities in the Eastern African Region; and liaison with the Continental NEPAD secretariat office with a view of incorporating and promoting Kenya's and Eastern African region interests in NEPAD.
- Design, develop and implement necessary measures to identify and address governance issues affecting Kenya's performance in national, regional and global governance surveys and indices.
- Provide guidance for structured engagement with local and international agencies undertaking and disseminating reviews on Kenya's governance to ensure accuracy of facts and fidelity to best-practices on objective reporting.
Members of the National Governing Council:
- Prof. Michael Chege - Chair
- Mr. Michael Kisilu - Member
- Glenns Etyang - Member
- Ms. Jennifer Shamala - Member
- Mr. Antony Muriu - Member
- Mr. Joshua Opiyo - Member
- Mr. Samuel Mwale - Member
- Dr. Monica Kerretts - Member
Some of the Success by the NGC:
- Conducting County Forums for the APRM
- Conducting of the 2nd APRM Country Review of Kenya